Tristate Arthritis and Rheumatology is one of the few rheumatology practices offering on site physical therapy. This unique set up offers our patients with advanced arthritis and other chronic musculoskeletal conditions to work with both the therapist and doctor to tailor therapy individually for the optimal benefit of each patient.
- Patients with advanced arthritis and other chronic musculoskeletal conditions have often become discouraged after going through therapy at facilities geared towards less chronic conditions such as sports injuries.
- Other orthopedic outpatient therapy can be too vigorous for patients with chronic arthritis, and can leave patients hesitant to try therapy again.
What to expect from our physical therapy office:
- A full evaluation and examination to develop a plan of care using a variety of treatment techniques to help reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
- One on one patient care.
- A focus on hands on treatment with manual therapy to decrease muscle spasm and guarding.
- A therapeutic exercise program prescribed based on each individual’s needs to correct muscle imbalances, improve function, and increase range of motion.
Common diagnoses treated with physical therapy:
What our patients have to say:
Thank you for all your assistance to give me the ability to walk without a cane. I appreciate that you went slowly. – B.F.
Click on the links below to learn more about our physical therapy staff, and educational information on posture.